With our training courseware you can:
✔️ Customize the content to make the training more relevant to your audience (i.e. using examples and case studies from within your organization or city)
✔️ Completely customize it for your needs!
✔️ Print as many copies as you need.
✔️ Have unlimited users within your organization.
✔️ Add your name and logo (and remove ours).
With our training courseware you get:
✔️ eBook PDF File
✔️ eBook Word File
✔️ Quizzes Word File
✔️ Certification Word File
Business Succession Planning Workshop
The loss of valuable leadership can cripple a company. Business succession planning is essentially preparing successors to take on vital leadership roles when the need arises. It is essential to the long-term survival of a company. Every company should have a form of succession planning in its portfolio as it is not the expected absences that can cripple a company, but the unexpected ones.
Whether it is preparing someone to take over a position of leadership in a corporation, or the sole proprietor of a small business Business Succession Planning will teach you the difference between succession planning and mere replacement planning. How you prepare people to take on the responsibilities of leadership so that the company thrives in the transition is just as important as picking the right person for the job.
Define business succession planning and its role in your company.
Lay the groundwork to develop a succession plan.
The importance of mentorship.
Define and use a SWOT analysis to set goals.
Create a plan, assign roles, and execute the plan.
Communicate to develop support and manage change.
Anticipate obstacles, and evaluate and adapt goals and plans.
BUSINESS SUCCESSION PLANNING
Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: Succession Planning Vs. Replacement Planning
- Housekeeping Items
- The Parking Lot
- Workshop Objectives
Module Three: Preparing for the Planning Process
- What is Business Succession Planning?
- What Is Replacement Planning?
- Differences Between
- Deciding What You Need
Module Four: Initiating Process
- How to Set Parameters for the Planning Process
- Should You Establish a Committee?
- How to Gather Operational Data
Module Five: The SWOT Analysis
- Develop a Mission Statement
- Develop a Vision Statement
- Choosing to Be a Mentor
Module Six: Developing the Succession Plan
- Identifying Strengths
- Identifying Weaknesses
- Identifying Opportunities
- Identifying Threats
- Prioritize What the Succession Plan Will Address
- Set Goals and Objectives
- Develop a Strategy for Achieving Goals
- Draft the Plan
Module Seven: Executing the Plan
Module Eight: Gaining Support
- Assign Responsibility and Authority
- Establish a Monitoring System
- Identifying Paths
- Choosing Your Final Approach
Module Nine: Managing the Change
- Gathering Data
- Addressing Concerns and Issues
- Evaluating and Adapting
Module Ten: Overcoming Roadblocks
- Developing a Change Management Plan
- Developing a Communication Plan
- Implementing the Plans
- Providing Constructive Criticism
- Encouraging Growth and Development
Module Eleven: Reaching the End
- Common Obstacles
- Re-Evaluating Goals
- Focusing on Progress
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
- How to Know When You've Achieved Success
- Wrapping it All Up
- Words from the Wise
- Review of Parking Lot
- Lessons Learned
- Completion of Action Plans and Evaluations